The Maintenance Person performs the duties to assist in the operation of the maintenance department under the leadership of the Facility Manager. The Maintenance Person will assist in performing the duties necessary to keep the physical structure, and associated equipment of the hospital, clinic, and long-term care facility in good repair. They will perform Minor electrical work, and mechanical repairs and will be required to learn all phases relating to the maintenance of this facility. The Maintenance Person is required to be on-call at times and will have a schedule for these times. This description is intended to be a general statement about this job and not be considered a detailed assignment. It may be modified by the Big Sandy Medical Center to adjust for necessary changes.
- Cleans, lubricates, services, and makes simple repairs, paints, simple carpentry, plumbing repairs, etc.
- Performs outside sweeping, cleaning, general landscaping, and pickup as necessary.
- Will perform some Housekeeping as needed.
- Cleans, mops & removes bio-waste.
- Perform other maintenance tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Required to be on call as assigned.
- Should have general knowledge of painting, carpentry, groundskeeping, simple electrical repairs, and other maintenance areas.
- Must be able to follow directions and work without direct supervision.
- Must have basic knowledge of computers and a willingness to learn
Provides basic, direct patient care.
- Functions as a member of the health care team, taking direction and guidance from RNs and LPNs
- Care is provided in compliance with and according to department policy/procedures and standards of care
- Participates in assessing and reporting patients' needs and change of conditions and communicates with the health care team
- Provides nursing care to assigned patients at the direction of the medical staff; and per the objectives, policies, and procedures of BSMC and the state of Montana.
- Assists with the direction of the patient care team in collaboration with other nursing staff and the medical staff.
- Obtains and documents nursing history from patients and/or significant others that is comprehensive of present condition and prior problems. Performs basic assessment of patients, indicating adequate knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology. Records vital signs, notes changes, and pursues more specific investigations as needed. Identifies abnormal diagnostic data and shows a fundamental understanding of its implications by reporting information to the provider and others caring for the patient, and by incorporating information in the nursing care plan.
BSMC offers a competitive salary along with generous benefits including health insurance, paid time off, retirement contribution and continuing education support.
To apply, please stop by the hospital's HR Department and pick up an application or fill out online HERE.
As a Rural Health Care Facility, employees of Big Sandy Medical Center are eligible for loan repayment programs such as the National Health Service Corps and the Montana Student Loan Repayment Program! This opportunity could award you with over $75,000 in loan repayment just for choosing to work in a rural health facility. Can you imagine having your mountain of student debt paid off in two years? You'll be working full-time hours, no matter where your job is located. Choosing to be employed at Big Sandy Medical Center can help ensure you're getting all you can from those hours away from home! What an amazing opportunity to not only hone your skills, and serve in a community where you are desperately needed, but also set yourself up for a more successful financial future.